First: Complimentary exam
Your first visit to our office is an exciting time for everyone. We wanted to make it easy for you so we decided to make the first exam for you or your child totally free. We even have the medical office forms online so that you can even fill them out ahead of time if you would like. Dr. Young will carefully examine your teeth and free X-ray for any possible orthodontic problems. These problems include crowding, cross-bite, gaps, large overbite, etc. Once he has a clear picture of the the orthodontic problems that may exist, he will carefully explain 2 or 3 different possible treatments. You’ll understand everything you need to know in order to proceed with treatment. You will know of the types of treatment is necessary, how long it will take, and have an exact figure how much it will cost.
Second: Records appointment
After your complimentary exam, an appointment to take initial records is made to document and record the orthodontic conditions that currently exist. We take complete diagnostic records which typically include a medical/dental history, a record of the free clinical examination, photos of the patient’s face and teeth, and X-rays. This information is documented and recorded to support a custom treatment plan that addresses the unique needs of your orthodontic situation. These records are also a fun and helpful means in tracking the progress of your treatment as the teeth move under orthodontic care.
At the end of the records appointment we will probably place some bluish rubber separators between your teeth to make room for the braces to be placed on your teeth.
Then: Regular appointments
After the records appointment, we’ll schedule an appointment to have your new appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) placed. That process usually takes one to two hours. You’ll then see us at regular intervals of usually 6 weeks for adjustments. These appointment normally take about 30 minutes but sometimes may need to be a bit longer.
Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients and ask you to extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Convenient and secure online services
We value you as our patient and appreciate your commitment to continued oral health. We understand the importance of providing you online convenience to manage your patient information, which is why we are excited to partner with Sesame Communications in our effort to stay connected.
Using our convenient online services is easy. You simply log in to your account from our website, where you have access to all your patient information, online 24-7, in a safe, secure environment that exceeds HIPAA requirements. We are pleased to offer you this convenience free of charge, and to share with you all the amazing features offered to you!
- Email and text message reminders
- Customize how you receive appointment reminders with email, text messaging, and/or voicemail. You can also download a reminder for use in your calendar so you don’t forget your next appointment. After you log in to your account profile, you can confirm appointments online, and reduce reminders altogether.
- Financial pages
- Just like our appointment reminders, you can customize how you receive financial reminders through email or voicemail. After you log in to your account profile, you can review and print your financial ledgers without having to call our office.
- Online bill pay
- After you log in to your account profile, you may review and pay your bills online directly through our website. All online payments are protected in a secure server via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) so your credit card information is encrypted as you enter it.
- View images
- Access and review your dental images and X-rays online from the comfort of your own home.
- Share your smile with family and friends
- If applicable, share your Invisalign® ClinCheck® via email and Facebook. Show your family and friends how easy it is to improve their smile, too!
- Post-appointment feedback
- After your appointment, we’ll send you a link to an online survey where you can let us know how we’re doing (and what could use improvement).
The best part about these features is that they are already available to you! All you need is a personal email account. Call or email our office, and we will gladly provide you with your own personal login information.
You are not only our patient but also a member of our extended family. Thank you for choosing us to be your orthodontic care provider.